On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 16:25:32 +0100, Jochem Maas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> yeah ... but next time read the question before you answer ;-)
> the guy was wondering how to change which character was used as
> the mask in password fields - normally its an asterisk, if
> you use WinXP with the std. wibbly-wobbly-blue-bubble-wrap theme
> it shows a small (filled) circle instead... earth-shattering.
>
> :-)

I stand corrected! As a Fedora user, I have never seen those circles,
so I did fully understand the question. And, being OT, maybe a
personal email to the OP would have been better, but for the archives
I opted to answer on-list.

Would I be cynical if I suggested a different solution to the problem?

Dotan Cohen
http://English-Lyrics.com
http://Song-Lyriks.com