Nothing keeping you from doing it, but it can occasionally be a pain to have
everything on just one page without using includes.

I like to take all my function declarations and stick them in another file
(if it's database related I stick it in the database file, or authorization
related goes in the auth file, etc). Then you just include them at the top
of pages where you'll need them.

It really speeds up your scripts because code that won't be used right then
isn't evaluated at all.

But if you want to, say, have a 500 page test script on one page, you could
probably best do it by using includes.

Makes it more readable and faster too, if you aren't going to spit out the
whole thing at once.

--
Plutarck
Should be working on something...