Kim Madsen wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: Rasmus Lerdorf [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Tuesday, March 15, 2005 4:05 AM

That's why I'd like to stick with apache2 + php5 default and
apache2+php4 just for a single site hosted (the one that uses imp).

See my previous message describing the ProxyPass approach. It is by far the easiest way to solve this cleanly.

Iīve only been on the list for a couple of weeks, so sorry if itīs already been
answered but couldnīt one use 2 AddTypes?

LoadModule php4_module libexec/libphp4.so
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php4

LoadModule php5_module libexec/libphp5.so
AddType application/x-httpd-php5 .php .php5

AddModule mod_php4.c
AddModule mod_php5.c

I believe thatīs how we did it while testing 3 vs 4 at one of my previous jobs (the ISP World Online/Tiscali), worked for hosted customers aswell.

Nope, this won't work. libphp4.so and libphp5.so will have a lot of symbol clashes. You could attempt compiling versioned libraries here, but we really haven't tested that.

-Rasmus