No...I think it is not a proper way to program.If you have programming
experiences with  any other language, you'll understand this
naturally.
The original purpose of making a function is tell it some arguments,
and you get a result. It should have the fewest relationship with the
environment which, just like "a global variable" for instance, outside
of it.
So, we should understand the relation between caller and callee(I make
this word) as your main program as your function.

 echo calc($rs)."<br>";//at this point,the function will work,and give a result.

//a function named "calc":

 function calc($rightsid){
 if(...){
 } elseif ($rightsid == $oik6) {