I have a web site for online ads.

I want to translate my web site in at least 3 languages.

The main problem is that I don't know which solution I should use...
I have one solution but I think it will slow down my web site...
The solution is:

put all the words (or phrases) in a database and just do some selects in the
database. the table it will look like this (example):
Id     Word        En          Ro
1      Iagree      I agree.    Sunt de acord.

I will select using "Iagree" identifier and I will get the translation in
both languages.

The question is...
It will slow down a lot this procedure in case of a web site full with
pages, search engine, forum, boards etc., and minimum 10.000 visitors a day
?

Thanx a lot

Marian