On 20/03/2005, at 5:40 AM, Marek Kilimajer wrote:

If you need only hotlink protection then the current referer checking is just enough. Most users will not install referer spoofing software.

But if you need to be 100% sure the videos are streamed through affiliate server, you can use tokens - a script at the affiliate server will request a token from the streaming server (with username/password/clip id etc.). This token will be sent with the link to the streaming server. Hope this is clear.

Hi there sorry to return back to this, but we are somehow needing to create a token url that will be generated on the customer's webpage before the link is redirected to an access script of our clients video feeds site. What would be the most safest credentials to use to create a token with and how could the access script decrypt this information to validate access ? Let me know if this is too vague of a question thanks.