On 11 Apr 2001 08:12:20 -0700 AD in php.general, Chris Lee said:

>I'll post you a simple HTTP auth script. but you should realize =
>something about header()
>
>client -> server
>server -> client
>
>the client sends some HTTP request to the server, then the server sends =
>some HTTP response to the client. php is strictly server side, you have =
>full control over the HTTP headers sent to the user, but not from the =
>user to the server. ie. method=3D'post' that is sending client data to =
>the server, you will have no control over this at all...

There are in fact two different servers: the web server and the PHP server.
IMO it should be possible for the PHP server, executing PHP code, to send a
request to the web server. It is certainly possible to send a header telling
the web server to redirect to another web page.

Patrick Dunford, Christchurch, NZ - http://pdunford.godzone.net.nz/

   And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious
riches in Christ Jesus.
    -- Philippians 4:19
http://www.heartlight.org/cgi-shl/todaysverse.cgi?day=20010413