[snip]
I have a web-page divided into two frames : "margin" and "main".
Inside the "margin" frame area, I have a pull-down menu that lists all
the
tables in my database.
Upon choosing the appropriate table from the pull-down menu I click a
button
to display the table.
I use the Header( ) function.
This works, except that my tables are displayed in the "margin" area.
How
can I force it to send to the main area , using the header function.

Note: I am using pull-down menus, because I tried using collapsible
menus
and I didn't get anywhere with it.
I have a large number of tables and I must hide them.
[/snip]

You cannot with header(). In the HTML href tage you can specify the
target, like <a href="thepage.php" target="mainFrame">