Hi all,
I'm in the process of getting started on a new web app and want to compare
performance etc. of:
php5, MySQL, Apache and Smarty
on
Windows 2000 Server vs. Red Hat Linux FC3

While installing php5, in the install doc it says "Do not use Apache 2.0.x and
PHP in a production environment neither in Windows or Unix. For information on
why, read the following FAQ entry" ...I've read the whole document and it only
talks about the risks of running cgi on a webserver.

Anyone have any ideas on why it is suggesting NOT to use php and Apache 2.0.x
in a production environment? I'm planning on developing several large apps for
my company and expect 300-400 people to be hitting it throughout the business
day.

John