You might want to rethink your strategy. Consider the instance in which only *one* person is hitting your server. That one person *will* get 100% of your CPU since nothing else is going on at the time, so the system might as well give them all the CPU to get their task done sooner.

You don't want to restrict them in that case do you?

Maybe look into bandwidth limiting, connection limiting, php per script memory usage, and php timeout options...

Good luck!