On Friday 15 April 2005 08:52, Balwant Singh wrote:
> 2) i am also exploring possibilities of using linux dialog boxes (used in
> shell scripting) with PHP. has anybody tried it, may please advise me how
> to call dialog boxes through PHP in CLI. also please share with me if u
> have information on how to use PHP with Shell Scripting.

Hi

I like to think of PHP as a stream programming language.  You can use it to
generate a stream of html documents, images, sound files, text files, etc etc
etc.

So why shouldn't you use it to make your own dialogs in it as well?

Make an include file that contains the classes, then just declare your class
and use it.

Like

$mydialog=new clsDialog;
$mydialog->type=DIALOGTYPE_INPUTBOX;
$mydialog->title="Provide some information";
$mydialog->regexp="$xxx^";

$result=$mydialog->showDialog();
unset($mydialog);

Off course the limitations are second to none!

I have released some PHP CLI scripts under the terms of GPL2 and they all use
the same basic simple engine for argument processing.  It may not suit your
needs, but you're welcome to study it to get you started.

With kind regards

Andy

--
Registered Linux User Number 379093