On Mon, April 18, 2005 5:40 am, Bosky, Dave said:
> Would it be better to store uploaded pdf, word, or excel documents in a
> MySql blob field rather than keeping them in a directory?
>
> I really want to secure the documents and limit document access to
> specific users.

It shouldn't be significantly easier to limit access with BLOBs than with
actual files if your Security Model and Design is any good.

And the penalties for using BLOBs to store these are legion.

There is a custom super-fast souped up database storage software package
specifically optimized for large chunks of data like this that you should
be using.

It's call "the file system" :-)

--
Like Music?