On Sat, Apr 14, 2001 at 03:34:32PM -0500, Plutarck wrote :
> The final layer is the scripting engine. In the script if a move_elevator()
[...]
> This would allow the vast majority of the real "content" of a game or
> application to be written in a scripting language, much like web apps are
> now. The script would run just as well on Linux as it would on windows.
[...]

This is not only true since now or since quake but also sicne the
early days of Sierra On-Line games / Lucasmfilm Games. All their
games were built on a particular Scripting Engine. For Lucasfilm,
this was SCUMM[tm] and for Sierra it was SCI (Sierra Creative
Interpreter).

This is why those games also run nowadays on Linux (see
http://freesci.linuxgames.com/ ).
Ok now this is hell Offtopic ;-)

But, yes, gtk+ rocks.

And, for me, I removed perl and also use now PHP as my day to day
scripting language. Its behaviour of hashes is much more
intuitive for me than perl's way (every used nested hashes ?
you're getting crazy doing so :). But, after all maybe i'm just
too dump for perl then. But hey its ok :) I've much joy and fun
working with PHP :-)

cheers,

        Markus