John Coppens wrote:
On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 19:11:23 +0530
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Dasmeet Singh) wrote:

Actually I am not able to make image maps because of uneven state boundaries..

Can you please suggest some tools... I haven't used any yet...

Did you check GIMP? It has an option to make HTML image maps. Check Filters|Web|ImageMap

John

Thanks

-
Free Website Promotion - A Complete Guide
http://hostwindow.info/web-hosting/9/free-website-promotion/1/

Mike wrote:

Hi!
I need to create an image map on a country map, where people can click on any state and get some info related to it.. In such case the regular polygon/circle/rectengle image map wont do bcoz of shapes of state..

I guess this must be possible someway in PHP.. please tell me if you have any idea how to go abt this..

Is the problem you're experiencing that the image map isn't being built properly or are you passing information to it that does not appear to be consistant.

If it's the former, then PHP has nothing to do with that. I'm sure
you can find some tools to generate image maps for you. There have
always been free ones with a minimum of effort.

If you're having problem with PHP in the mix, can you describe the PHP
problem, provide some code, some sample output, etc.?

I've used image maps in the past (though I try to stay away from
them) and you can create a link with virtually any polygon if you
have the patience to may out the plot points. You could easily create
a star with many, many points and have it be clickable - which would
indicate that most states would be a piece of cake.

-M

Thanks John, I never knew about any such thing in Gimp :)

SayOrange.com How to choose the best web hosting? http://www.sayorange.com