@ 10:56:48 PM on 4/15/2001, Brian Clark wrote:

> function decipherDate($string, $format)
> {

Oops, you'll probably want to give $format a default value if one
isn't passed. And maybe change the returns if you want to do something
like:

if(!decipherDate('blah'))

>    if(!$formatted = @date($format, strtotime($string)))
>       return 'Unable to understand decipher date string.';
>    return $formatted;
> }

> /* Sunday, April 15 20001 */
> print decipherDate('20010415',"l, j F Y");

> print "\n";

> /* 'Unable to understand decipher date string. */

I may be dyslexic or something, I'm not sure.

> print decipherDate('thisisgarbage234',"l, j F Y");

> print "\n";

> /* Tuesday, 8 March 2005 */
> print decipherDate('march 8, 2005',"l, j F Y");

> ?>

-Brian
--
 PGP is spoken here: 0xE4D0C7C8
 Please, DO NOT carbon copy me on list replies.