Ahhh, I see what's going on now. I had more time to read over the code, so
now I see what you are trying to do.

I'm not sure why it suddenly stopped working, but let's see if you actually
need it to work.

First of all, I take it that you have content which you want to write into a
file. Correct?

If so, why does it matter if the file you want to write it to has data
anyway? If you are just going to add data into it, isn't it ok that it is a
zerolength file?

Or is the problem that the file is _not_ actually zerolength, but PHP says
it's zerolength anyway?

Just try removing the !filesize() part, and then try executing the function.

But maybe I just don't understand what you are trying to write and why.
Could you be a little more specific what data is being saved in the file,
and what is in the file already?

--
Plutarck
Should be working on something...

"CC Zona" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
9bebi3$133$[EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:9bebi3$133$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> > > This function suddenly stopped working, and I just can't seem to
figure
> > out
> > > why.  The only change made recently is that now the value of $force at
> > > calltime is sometimes true instead of being undefined or null.
> > >
> > > build_file("file_content","/path/to/file.inc","w",TRUE);
> > >
> > > function build_file($func_name,$filepath,$mode="w",$force=FALSE)
> > >    {
> > >    if($force or !file_exists($filepath) or !filesize($filepath))
//echo