On Sat, May 7, 2005 4:56 am, Deep said:
> Hi,
>
>  If you are using localhost, i dont think u need to
> specify the port number. Localhost would be enough.
> Also pls check the user privileges and all in the
> database.
>
> ..Deep..
>
> --- Oscar Andersson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
>> I have made a instal of the latest mySQL and PHP 5
>> on my computer.
>> I have made the following changes to my php.ini file
>>
>> extension=php_mysql.dll
>> extension_dir = "c:\php\"
>>
>> and i have put the php_mysql. and libmysql.dll in
>> c:\php\ and in c:\windows
>>
>> Now i try this in my php-file
>> $con = mysql_connect("localhost:3306", "buddy",
>> "bestbuddy");
>>
>> I cant connect to mySQL. I dont know what is wrong.
>> mySQL listen to port
>> 3306. I have tried with my IP to. I get this warning
>> Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]:
>> Too many open links (0)
>> in myfilename.php.

Too many open links sounds to me like you've set up MySQL to only allow X
connections, and you are trying to open up X+1 connection.

The 0 would make me guess that X is 0.

So I'd *GUESS* you have a setting in my.cnf that says to limit number of
connections to 0, and that means you can't have any connections at all...

Just a GUESS.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm