Hey fellas, sorry to infest the list with another question about a
templating engine, but I am looking for some professional opinions
here...

I am trying to make a small, fast, and simple templating class...  Now
I have mastered the art of variable replacement, and have made two
versions.  The first one I made simply used file() to load up the file
into an array, str_replace() to replace variables, then it printed it
back.  I made a second one, which reads the file into an array,
changes the variables the same way, but instead compiles the finished
product into a compile directory and then reads the compiled file back
to the page.  the benefit to this being that I can easily create a
simple cache system now.

1st question)  I need a professionaly opinion on to which solution is
better, considering speed, security, and expandability.

2nd question)  Like I said before, I've mastered the art of variable
replacement, but how would one go about adding support for if {}
statements as well as loops.  I'm a little bit lost when it comes to
this.

Thank-you guys very very much.
--
jamwil.com