We could help him if he said what database he is using.

Chris.

-----Original Message-----
From: Kristen G. Thorson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 11 May 2005 15:42
To: Shaw, Chris - Accenture
Subject: Re: [PHP] SQL Date guru in the house?

*************************************

This e-mail has been received by the Revenue Internet e-mail service.

I would try to use inherent date functions as well to calculate date
differences.  As Chris pointed out, you probably have some sort of
to_date() function available.  If not, you might be able to concat() the
date into a string and compare to a variable date.  You also might have
some sort of cast() function available that may do it.  The thought of
trying to get a working statement with the setup you have is giving me a
headache.

kgt