I did look at your post on PATH_INFO which did not get me any closer to the solution. At this point, I am just trying to get an image using cURL and then force it to download to the computer. Here is the link:

http://205.207.224.90/getimage.php

and here is the code:
header("Content-type: image/jpg");
Header('Content-Disposition: attachment; file="tigershippingdashboard20050429.jpg"');
$ch = curl_init(); // create cURL handle (ch)
if (!$ch) {
die("Couldn't initialize a cURL handle");
}
// set some cURL options
$ret = curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL, "http://images.apple.com/home/2005/images/ tigershippingdashboard20050429.jpg");
$ret = curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_HEADER, 1);
$ret = curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION, 1);
$ret = curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1);
$ret = curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_BINARYTRANSFER, 1);
$ret = curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_TIMEOUT, 30);

// execute
$ret = curl_exec($ch);

if (empty($ret)) {
        // some kind of an error happened
        die(curl_error($ch));
        curl_close($ch); // close cURL handler
}
else {
        $info = curl_getinfo($ch);
        curl_close($ch); // close cURL handler

        if (empty($info['http_code'])) {
        die("No HTTP code was returned");
        }
        else {
        // load the HTTP codes
                // echo results
                echo "The server responded: <br />";
                print "<pre>";
                print_r($info);
                print "</pre>";

I have tried changing the values of the curl options to no avail. What ends up happening is the the PHP file is what gets downloaded with all the binary data for the image in it. I need to find a way of getting just the image to download.

In this example, I just want the image tigershippingdashboard20050429.jpg to download.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Chris

If you want to support older browsers, on more platforms, you would do
well to look at another thread from yesterday where I talk about about
PATH_INFO.