On Sun, 15 Apr 2001, Alexander Feldman wrote:

> sasha         Sun Apr 15 11:42:51 2001 EDT
>
>   Modified files:
>     /php4/ext/standard        file.c
>   Log:
>   We shoud not fseek in a pipe and this caused a problem with popen and
>   fgets on the platforms where the buffer fix was applied (Solaris, FreeBSD).
>   Now the fseek is done only when the handle is of type fopen.

    I think this should be merged into the release branch.
    Pipes are often used to communicate with background processes
    and would generate tons of user complains, if PHP 4.0.5
    shipped with broken pipes (so-to-speak).

    - Sascha                                     Experience IRCG
      http://schumann.cx/                http://schumann.cx/ircg