hi all,

i have my web site working something like this: in every php script i have
require(auth.php). this auth.php has my connection to my postgresql server and
database along with some other stuff i need for the user to be authenticated to
my web site. when i log on, this auth.php connects to the dbserver and checks
if my username and password are stored and then i go to a home page. my
connection is stored in $dbh.
what happens when i start moving through all these web pages (php scripts),
each requires auth.php, with respect to the connection? is a new connection
established for every web page i go into that uses my $dbh for querying
purposes or is it the same connection i originally made when i first logged
into the web site?

any info will be highly appreciated!!

thanx.