You don't set $_GET variables, like $_GET['name'] = whaever and expect
to do something along the lines of echo $_GET['name'] in another page.

To assign a value as a GET variable on another page, then you make the
url of the other page whatever.php?name=value

Then in whatever.php you can do something like
<?php echo $_GET['name'];   ?>