<snip>
> > Umm, you forgot to mention that you are "connected" to that site and you
> get a commision for sending them clients, if they sign up.
> > Nothing wrong with getting an affiliate buck mind you, I have a few
> > affiliate accounts around too, but I (and others on the list i have
noticed, Jay B for one)
> > mention that we are connected to / own the websites we are sending the
person to.
</snip>

<reply>
I did not forget to mention anything. Andy asked for a free penetration
test and that is exactly what he gets going to the page mentioned above.

I have requested the free test several times and it was very useful
because it brought my attention to aspects that I was not considering,
some related to PHP in specific and other related to Internet in general.

In all cases it is upto Andy to decide. FYI, if he takes the free
penetration test as he asks, I still do not gain anything. If I ever
gain anything with the referral, he would not be paying more for
whatever services he would order.

So, I do not see your point in bugging me for this. If you feel that I
am not helping Andy, I would appreciate that you tell me that directly!'
</reply>

Dude,
calm down, dont get your underwear in a knot, I was not "attacking" you
or saying your intentions were not good or that the service being offered on
that page is not exactly what Andy needs....let me explain, you wrote:
-----
I have requested the free test several times and it was very useful
because it brought my attention to aspects that I was not considering,
some related to PHP in specific and other related to Internet in general.
-----
fair enough, you could have given him the link the the page directly
_without_
your affiliate add on code, but since you did tack your aff code on, I think
you should have mentioned it
as you get 35% (minimum, for upto a year) if he signs up...not that anybodys
bothered if you make money
we like to help each other out on the list....but just come out and say it
then let the
receiver decide if the link  is on the level or not.

------
If I ever gain anything with the referral, he would not be paying more for
whatever services he would order.
------
Never said he would be paying extra,  but the point is you would be making
money off him (not a bad
thing again) without his knowledge (bad thing)...if he finds the link really
useful I think to show his appreciation he
would _make sure_ your affiliate link is tacked there......I would.
Another example, I am an affilate of interland, if someone asks about
"dedicated hosting" I could send them there
they would join, not pay a cent extra, but i get a commision *without their
knowledge* (10% recurring)...
am I helping them or myself?

-----
So, I do not see your point in bugging me for this. If you feel that I
am not helping Andy, I would appreciate that you tell me that directly!'
-----
Well, all i can say is, if my little email bugged you, you either get bugged
very easily or you know I'm right!
(I too sometimes  get bugged when people point something out and i am wrong
and they are right)
and for the record: I never said you are not helping Andy... but if you dont
come clean and just add a simple
line like:
"PS: I really like that site so i am an affilate of theirs, my affilate link
is on the URL i sent you"
or something like that people wont have to doubt your motives...

Or maybe I am just a goody two shoes who says it....and Jay Blanchard when
someone asks about "templates"
and "template engines" and Chris when someone asks about "SQL
injections"...and ...oops, too many names.

Cheers,
Ryan