Hello Greg,

GMP> The final product here is to install Nucleus blog software
GMP> (http://nucleuscms.org/) on a windows 2003 server....my IT
GMP> consultant is having a problem getting PHP to see mysql & both of
GMP> those programs are required to make nucleus work. it's really
GMP> frustrating for him (& me).

Time to talk to a PHP consultant instead then? ;)

Look in the php.ini file and enable the MySQL extension, the entry
will need un-commenting - and the path to the extensions will need
setting.

Unless nucleaus works with MySQLi you probably need to enable the
older version. If PHP isn't running at all, it's most likely not
finding the required DLLs. You can either copy them to the Windows
directory (php5ts.dll + php.ini + php5apache.dll if using Apache), or
configure your paths to pick-up the files where-ever you've unzipped
them (C:\php perhaps?). If you are going to just install PHP once and
leave it running, there is no reason why copying the DLLs into the
windows directory is a "bad thing" to do, it will work and it's a
locked down folder under 2003 Server re: security.

Best regards,

Richard Davey
--
 http://www.launchcode.co.uk - PHP Development Services
 "I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them." - Isaac Asimov