On 6/9/05, John Browne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Question..  I'm using PHP 5.0.4 with the built-in libxslt-based xsl
> extension. I'm passing XSL parameters to the XSL processor like so:
>
> $xslt_proc->setParameter('', 'param_test', "some test value");
>
> My question is, is it *required* to declare this parameter in the XSL
> stylesheet with:
>
> <xsl:param name="param_test" />
>
> What I have noticed is, the transformation is successful and works the
> same whether I declare the parameter using xsl:param or not.  The
> following:
>
> <xsl:value-of select="$param_test"/>
>
> works fine without the xsl:param declaration, the xsl processor does
> not give an error, and the parameter is available for use in the
> stylesheet.
>
> Shouldn't the xsl:param declaration be required and cause a
> transformation error if it's missing?

Indeed, that's working ;)

But PHP doesn't do much here, I'd say it's more a libxslt "bug", but I
didn't look up the standards (but your assumption seems obvious)

chregu

christian stocker | Bitflux GmbH | schoeneggstrasse 5 | ch-8004 zurich
phone +41 1 240 56 70 | mobile +41 76 561 88 60  | fax +41 1 240 56 71
http://www.bitflux.ch  |  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  |  gnupg-keyid 0x5CE1DECB