Steve, I may have missed this response, if this is a repeat please excuse me...

Make sure you have the correct mysql and php versions to run phpBB. I had 404 errors with a blogging/forum application where the index file moved to another page. But because there were some errors in setup the page came up as 404.

You might try to put this in a page:  info.php

<?php
phpinfo();
?>

Then go to the page, this will let you know if php is running. I have a feeling it is the BB which is having the problem.

jzf

Grosz, Steve (IPG IT) wrote:

OK, you lost me, execute/write on which file?

I don't use asp, I use Coldfusion, and .htm, I'm only installing PHP so
I can use the phpBB system.