timothy johnson wrote:
        $id = $_GET['id'];
        $query = "SELECT * FROM myPhotos WHERE photoId='$id'";
        $result = mysql_query($query);
        $row = mysql_fetch_assoc($result);
        $im = imagecreatefromstring($row[photoData]);

        $size = getimagesize($im);

        header('Content-Type: image/jpeg');
        imagejpeg($im, NULL, 100);

I have this nice little php page to return my images from a database,
and everything runs fine except then I try to  use getimagesize, I
then get..

Warning: getimagesize(Resource id #4): failed to open stream:

do I have to do something else, this function works fine if I am using
it on a fileimage, why not an image from a database???

Because the function expects a filename, not an image. Read the documentation for getimagesize.

Regards,
Burhan