Is there a way to get the name of a variable as a string? For example...

Function myname ($foo)
{
        echo "the variable name passed in is ".realname($foo);
}

myname($bar);
       ^^^^

I want to see printed out:

"the variable name passed in is bar"
                                          ^^^

Dig what I'm trying to do?

And 'why?' you may ask am I trying to do this... Well, I am sick of always
putting an "echo 'printing out bar:'; print_r($bar);" all the time. I want
to make a wrapper function.

I also have written one for XML that would be nice to make a NAME='bar'
attribute...

/**
* Print out an array in XML form (useful for debugging)
* @access       public
* @author       Daevid Vincent [EMAIL PROTECTED]
* @since        4.0b4
* @version      1.0
* @date         07/18/05
*/
function print_r_xml($myArray)
{
        print xmltag('ARRAY', array('NAME'=>'myArray'), 1);
        foreach($myArray as $k => $v)
        {
                if (is_array($v))
                        print_r_xml($v);