babu wrote:

does session.auto_start should be set to 1 for sessions to work.

Mikey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:babu wrote:

I am using header method for redirecting to another php file.I also want to
pass some variables to the redirected file.

for example:

file1.html---- where i have a dropdown menu. the user selects the options...
this form has a action to file2.php
file2.php--- i get the values of the form by using $_POST. In this file i will
do some processing on data and redirect to file3.php
file3.php---- here i need the user select menu items.

i think i can use require_once(file2.php) in file3.php and get the values.But i
want to get the values selected by user from html form.

Thanks for the help.
babu

You could put them in session vars - http://uk.php.net/manual/en/ref.session.php

Mikey

So long as you call session_start(); at the very top of your scripts, sessions will work.
session.auto_start is fine if your entire site will be using sessions.

Matt Darby