John Smith wrote:
I'm trying to avoid error messages while iterating
over DOM properties. e.g.

if(is_array($dom->stuff->props)) {

maybe you can get roudn the problem by saying?:

if($dom->stuff->props) {

or?:

if(!empty($dom->stuff->props)) {

  foreach($dom->stuff->props as $prop) {

It works without the is_array() check, but not with

my guess is you'll find that $dom->stuff->props is an object
which overloads the array accessor stuff...
basically it's implementing Iterator (or some other SPL Interface)

hard to tell though because you don't mention which DOM
related extension you are using.

it. I've done var_dumps and $dom->stuff->props is
indeed an array. I've also tried using an intermediate
variable ($stuff=$dom->stuff) then checking that, but
that doesn't work either).

John