kevin.o'[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hi Jochem,

can you telnet to pear.php.net:80 ?

didn't see your reply earlier (been away from the PC). here is the answer:

open a dosbox (type 'CMD' in the run dialog) then type the following in
the dosbox:

telnet pear.php.net 80

if you get a 'Connecting to...' flashing on your cmdline and then an empty
screen then you are connecting fine. the empty screen is actually a prompt
for you to type a request (an HTTP request) e.g. type the following (+ ENTER)
will return the HTML for the index page of that domain:

GET / HTTP/1.1

----
AND PLEASE NEVER ONLY POST A QUESTION DIRECT TO THE GUY/GIRL THAT
IS HELPING YOU ATM.... THEY (i.e. me) ARE NOT YOUR PERSONAL HELPDESK...
POST TO THE LIST (also gives other people to learn from your problems!)

How do I do this? I have selected start > run > cmd > telnet so far.

Kevin.