Ensure your database name as listed in either mysql_select_db or
mysql_db_query is valid.

After that, it's probably a GRANT problem. Make sure the username/password
pair is correct, first of all, and check the privileges of that user.

My guess is that either the DB name is incorrect, or the user does not have
access to that database.

--
Plutarck
Should be working on something...