Chris wrote:
In further looking at the SPL classes, I'm thinking I want to use the RecursiveFilterIterator class to filter my nodes.

But I ran into another problem: the class RecursiveFilterIterator does not exist.

Am I missing something here?

your out on the bleeding edge so to speak - not many people have played with
this stuff yet - alot will depend on the php build your using - best bet is to
try the
latest RC of 5.1 and see what that has in it .... I have a felling you will
have to make a bit of use of the following funcs (and maybe even the reflection
API)
to figure out _exactly_ what is available in your build:

http://php.net/manual/en/function.get-declared-classes.php
http://php.net/manual/en/function.get-declared-interfaces.php
http://php.net/manual/en/function.get-class-methods.php

Confused,