In a message dated 8/17/2005 1:17:54 P.M. Central Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

>I  tend to agree on things like this. If it's a generic problem then I
>think it does everyone some good to discuss it in the open. Although I
>can see the point of not discussing specific problems with specific
>applications, at least not until a fix is in and notices have been  sent
>out. Then I think it falls back to the "it does everyone some  good to
>have it in the open" senerio. I learn a lot from my mistakes,  but I also
>learn from other's mistakes too, if I'm given the  chance.

I agree as well... I was just reading about the whole thing at the Black  Hat
convention in Vegas, what some were jokingly calling "Ciscogate". These
problems should definitely be discussed out in the open so people can know
about
the problem - not just 'developers of the product'.

- Clint