In article <9bjvo1$irv$[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, [EMAIL PROTECTED] ("Ben")
wrote:

> i'm trying to use sessions with my project, but it seems that registered
> variables in a session aren't global by default.

They should be.  Can you show an example of the code that leads you to
believe they're not?

> It doesn't even seem like the session is global, because if I reference the
> sessionid (which only shows up if cookies are disabled)
>     by using <?=SID?>, it shows up within a function, if I reference it from
> within the function.

That's because SID is a constant (no dollar sign).  Only variables have to
be declared as global before using the global version in a function.

--
CC