Yes, I have the dll in the right place (C:\php\ext), and PHPIniDir is set to C:\php where php.ini is located.  I know that php.ini is being picked up, because the changes I make to the file take affect when I restart Apache.  PHP is loading properly as the php function, phpinfo, does display the proper information page when I run a test.  I just cannot get php_mysql.dll to load.

I have gone through the PHP installation documentation several times, but it has not made a difference.

I just don't know what I have over looked.