Bernard Perrot wrote:
Mikey wrote:

Your script doesn't appear to be trying to do a re-direct, but rather open a client side e-mail - if you want to do this, then you will need to use JavaScript on the client side.

Yes it redirect, because PHP add a 302 response header in this case.

And the client-side email is opened. But with mozilla, the calling page is still displayed, and with firefow, a new blank one is displayed. That's my question : who is right ? Mozilla or Firefox ? And how to have always (which header) the calling page displayed (without javascript, because it don't works if client don't want...).

This isn't *really* a redirect. You're abusing the Location: header, so what you're really seeing is browsers differing in their recovery from your abuse. Error handling is never something you can rely on.

Use JavaScript and provide a link for them to click on when JS is disabled. I'm sure users who disable JS are more than used to clicking an extra link now and then.

--
Jasper Bryant-Greene
Freelance web developer

If you find my advice useful, please consider donating to a poor
student! You can choose whatever amount you think my advice was
worth to you. http://tinyurl.com/7oa5s