all you need is to write cron file (with your preferable script) running
every week. Than read customer list information (connect to pop server, or
customer database, or if every customer has an email, just read from
customer table), then use your preferable smtp mail to send an email to
that customer.

maybe it's not as fast as you want, but it won't take your web server to
handle the job.

-toto-