You don't have to put anything specific, it just stops the script from
executing.

You can optionally put text in there.  I like using die() for some reason
(shorter? more.. err.. aggressive? hah)  so I'll using commands like:

die("Made it to this point...");

I might use this to see if I got to a certain conditional or not..

Anyway, if you're getting that error, then there's definitely something being
sent before the header() is executed.

Check any require() or include() files, check all the code above your header()
statement.  So far I've never seen or heard of any bugs with header() where
it'd mysteriously bomb out in this manner, it's always been something output
and it's always been something people kick themselves for not seeing before. hah

Keep looking, you'll find it.

-TG