On Fri, 28 Oct 2005, James Benson wrote:
If you have a checkbox you just test if the value is set with isset()
if it's not set they never selected the checkbox.

I have some checkboxes on my page which correspond with boolean fields in my database - actually they are TINYINT's in which I store a 0 or 1 in for false and true values respectively.

Is it possible to loop through all $_POST values to see if it is a checkbox? If so then for that element if it is equal to 'on' then change it to 1 otherwise change it to 0?

I usually place a hidden field with the same name as the checkbox field before the actual checkbox field. I store my 'false' value in there. If the checkbox is checked the hidden field is overridden.

<?php

error_reporting( E_ALL );

if( isset( $_POST[ 'submit' ] ) )
{
    echo '<pre>';
    print_r( $_POST );
    echo '</pre>';
}

echo <<<EOF
<form method='post' action='$_SERVER[PHP_SELF]'>
<input type='hidden' value='0' name='blah'>
<input type='checkbox' value='1' name='blah'> Blah?
<input type='submit' name='submit'>
</form>
EOF;

?>