Larry E. Ullman wrote:
> One of the fallacies in your argument is that the lack of an official
> forum on php.net implies "such distaste for message boards". I don't
> have a big screen TV but I have anything but distaste for them!

Well, let me give you a different example. I don't have a TV at all, even though I could buy one. Knowing this, would you assume that I don't like watching it?

The same thing with forum. It's a usual feature, just like website is. Would you be surprised if PHP had no website? Would you ask why it doesn't?

> Also, you should realize that your question could be rephrased as "Why
> hasn't someone else done all this extra work (creating and  managing a
> forum) because I would prefer it?"

Are you saying that I'm the only PHP user that might like discussing things on a forum? Again, forums are very common. Some people like them, other people like mailing lists. In case of PHP, I find the lack of forum weird, because it's a web development language.

Besides, you're implying that maintaining forum is "extra work", while maintaining mailing lists isn't. Extra work for extra users you can live without, eh?

> In any case, if you are sincerely interested in either a support Web
> forum or a legitimate answer to your question, you may have better  luck
> if your inquiry were more "I would appreciate it if..." or "has  an
> official forum been considered?" and less "this system that you've been
> using for years sucks and this is why I'm right".

I do not see anything horrible in my message. It's not like I'm _demanding_ something, or suggesting to tear down mailing lists. Neither did I suggest that mailing lists suck. In case of php.internals they totally make sense. But I _do_ think that forum efficient in case of high-volume messaging.

--
Best regards,
Roman S.I.

http://sf.net/projects/naturalgine/