> On Sun, 22 Apr 2001, James Moore wrote:
>

> > > sas               Sun Apr 22 08:17:57 2001 EDT
> > >
> > >   Modified files:              (Branch: PHP_4_0_5)
> > >     /php4/ext/ircg        config.m4 ircg.c php_ircg.h
> > >   Log:
> > >   MFH allocation-related and thttpd-independence changes
> >
> > Sascha can you please STOP MFH'ding
>
>     Well, that really surprises me.  I commit minimal changes
>     while other people commit _huge_ patches to the release
>     branch and noone complains about that.
>
>     Regardless, the changes I just committed are _all_
>     self-contained.  They cannot affect anything else (beside the
>     single config.m4 change which has been merged from the head
>     branch).  And hence, they are in good tradition with what has
>     happened up to now to the 4.0.5 branch.

Sorry Sascha,
I missed the com changes too, I just saw the thttpd and ircg changes..

Herald I trust you will be helping to test RC8 too please dont MFH this late
in the process and before you do so send a mail to PHP-DEV and PHP-QA
justifying your changes and why they are so urgent that they require the
delay of the release of PHP 4.0.5 is it really that necessary to fix the mem
leak??

TO both of you we have just tested RC7 please be realistic and if you
changes REALLY need to be in 4.0.5 then thats OK and we will test again but
if they are not critical then please revert the patches  you are delaying
the release of 4.0.5 further by forcing another RC cycle.

Sascha looking at your patch:

+PHP_FUNCTION(ircg_ignore_add)
+{+#if defined(IRCG_API_VERSION) && IRCG_API_VERSION >= 20010402
+       zval **args[2];
+       php_irconn_t *conn;
+       smart_str s;
+
+       if (ZEND_NUM_ARGS() != 2 || zend_get_parameters_array_ex(2, args) ==
FAILURE)
+               WRONG_PARAM_COUNT;
+
+       convert_to_long_ex(args[0]);
+       convert_to_string_ex(args[1]);
+
+       conn = lookup_irconn(Z_LVAL_PP(args[0]));
+       if (!conn) RETURN_FALSE;
+
+       smart_str_setl(&s, Z_STRVAL_PP(args[1]), Z_STRLEN_PP(args[1]));
+       irc_ignore_add(&conn->conn, &s, 1);
+#endif
+}

Would it not be better to have an else here the outputs a warning rather
than having the possibility of

PHP_FUNCTION(ircg_ignore_add)
{
}

The same is true of:
ircg_ignore_del

and seemingly a lot of the IRCG functions..

- James