On Tue, Nov 15, 2005 at 04:39:05PM -0300, Mariano Guadagnini wrote:
> Hi, i�m writting a php program that parses and saves some xml files on a
> server. The problem is that i want to catch warnings so as to be able to
> store them in a variable, but not to be put directly on client�s
> browser. I got the following code, but i cannot get it working:
> //--------------------------------------------------------
> $old_track = ini_set('track_errors', '1');
>
> if ([EMAIL PROTECTED]()) {
> echo $php_errormsg, "\n";
> }
>
> ini_set('track_errors', $old_track);
> //--------------------------------------------------------
> When i execute the cgi, the $php_errormsg variable is always empty, even
> when there are errors.
>
> Any ideas?

I'd probably scratch that approach and use set_error_handler()
instead.  You could even get fancy and create a class that uses
it so your code could be something like:

<?php
  phpErrorHandler::start();
  // some code that causes errors...
  phpErrorHander::stop();
?>

Although i see this more as a developement tool than production
solution.

Curt