janbro wrote:

Hi Jeremy,
I tried if ( strcmp( trim($SollKombination), trim($formCheck) ) )

same negativ result. For some reason both strings are not considered to be the
same.
They have the same length, are of the same type and have the same content. Why
PHP
doesn't recognize them as beeing equal.... I don't get it.

thanks for your help so far
janbro

This is just a shot in the dark, but have you checked the HTML source of your test to make sure that some of the characters aren't been parsed as HTML entities? That would technically make the strings different, but you wouldn't be able to tell with just echoing alone.