William Stokes wrote:

Hello,

I might have to start doing some automated image editing or rezising with PHP. I've never done anything like this before so I would need some guidelines to get started. Basically what sections of the manual to read and what tools need to be installed to the server side to get things like this done. Are there any websites about this issue, other than php.net, that might provide help to beginners? Thanks for your assistance!

-Will
Most photo images need some unsharp mask applied to crisp them back up after being resized. I found I needed ImageMagick to do the job right. If you are concerned about tweaking the quality of your final graphic, you might look into using it. It *is* installed on many servers. There is a Windows version you can install, too.