On Thu, January 12, 2006 5:55 pm, sufinoon wrote:
> I'm trying to install winxp\apache2\php5.1.2\MySql.
> The installation was good i have apache recognized php
> (
> Apache/2.0.55 (Win32) PHP/5.1.2 Server at localhost Port 8080
> )
> so i wrote test script (<? phpinfo();?>) and sometimes the script is
> working and i got the data and some time i got "Cannot find server or
> DNS Error" or 404 error
>
> can you tell me what is wrong?

The most likely culprit is PROBABLY not PHP.

Take PHP out of the equation, and surf to a static HTML page -- Making
*SURE* that PHP is not configured to parse all HTML pages.

This (static HTML == NO PHP) is the default install, but not the way
may users configure PHP, so double-check.

Perhaps even go so far as to temporarily dis-able the
LoadModule/AddModule of PHP in httpd.conf...

Be sure to RE-START APACHE after changes to httpd.conf or php.ini, or
the changes will NOT take effect.

To be 100% certain PHP is not "in", use a file named, say, phpinfo.htm
and put <?php phpinfo();?> in it.

If you see all the PHP output with blue/white tables, then you're
still using PHP.  If you see "nothing" but "View Source" shows: <?php
phpinfo();?> then you are not using PHP, and can safely test non-PHP
problems.

Whew.

Now, with no PHP, Hit re-load a lot, really fast.

Do you get the same error?

If so, PHP can't really be the culprit, almost for sure.
[Though with Windows, you never know for certain... :-)]

If it *IS* PHP, and only happens with PHP, I'd suspect that...

1) PHP is not exiting cleanly, so is tying up your Apache threads /
processes, so after MaxChildren page-loads in a short period of time,
there are no HTTP processes left to process your request.
This is my #1 first guess.

2) PHP is "somehow" messing up Apache in random weird ways.  This is
harder to imagine how, but would PROBABLY be tied to some
not-so-common DLL you have enabled in php.ini  Take out the various
extensions and re-start Apache and re-test to eliminate extension
DLLs.

3) Something else.  This falls into the category of "VooDoo Debugging"
and you're on your own... :-^

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm