On Fri, January 20, 2006 10:20 am, Larry Hughes wrote:
> I have a very simple DOM test set up which is failing.  Environment is
> apacie 1.3.x, WIN xp, PHP 5.1.2 ; DOM seetings outlined in phpinfo()
> indicate various DOM/XML support is enabled.
>
> Failing php is:
> <?php
> $dom = new DOMDocument('1.0', 'iso-8859-1');
> echo $dom->saveXML();
> ?>
>
> which results in:
> The XML page cannot be displayed
> Cannot view XML input using style sheet. Please correct the error and
> then
> click the Refresh button, or try again later.
> XML document must have a top level element. Error processing resource
> 'http://127.0.0.1/domtest.php'.

Seems pretty clear.

You need to put something *IN* your DOMDocument to have it be valid.

A totally empty document is not valid XML.

Add some line between the 2 lines you have, and do something with the
$dom to add something to it.  No idea how you do that, mind you, but
it's what you need.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm