I've been having a tough time with parsing XML files and special characters.

-snip-

Any suggestions as to how I could get around this seemingly impossible road block thats been placed by what seems to be the xml engines :O..

Adam:

I believe that these "special" character will be with us for a long while. I suggest that you review the Unicode database for these characters and my suggestion is to use the code-points (HEX equivalences) for these characters. For example, 0061 is a small "a", 2022 is a "bullet", 2713 is a "check-mark" and so on. Most language glyphs of the world are represented in the Unicode database.

HTH's

tedd