Brian V Bonini wrote:
On Fri, 2006-02-03 at 16:23, Richard Lynch wrote:

I've got my money on the XML spec REQUIRING an alphabetic start to
tagnames, and subsequent characters can be alphanumeric...

In other words, it doesn't work because <0> is not a valid XML tag.

Yeah, that was my instinct too... Just could not find anything to
confirm it after a quick browse through the spec. Though can you find
anything in the spec via a quick browse.. ;-)

However, after a closer look I still can't find (at least in plain
English) anything that says this is NOT OK. Though the parser does
return '[xml_error] => not well-formed (invalid token)'.

Good stuff....

-Brian

Just a quick shot it the dark...

http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml/#NT-Name

Go up about a half page to this:

"[Definition: A Name is a token beginning with a letter or one of a few punctuation characters, and continuing with letters, digits, hyphens, underscores, colons, or full stops, together known as name characters.] Names beginning with the string "xml", or with any string which would match (('X'|'x') ('M'|'m') ('L'|'l')), are reserved for standardization in this or future versions of this specification."...

From quick read maybe if you wrap the numbers in quotes that might work?